Sunday, December 10, 2023

Three puppies and a bunny

 Today has been very tiring and I wonder what I was thinking when I though it would be a good idea to raise a litter again. I'm sure in a couple of days when Tiffin is doing better I will feel differently. Some sleep would be nice too. Tiffin is still not back to normal. It appears that after the puppies nurse her calcium level drops and she turns into a shivering frantic dog. Today the Vet made not one but two house calls to check on her. Love my Vet! When Tiffin is frantic she does strange things which brings me to 3 puppies and a bunny.

I went into the kitchen for a badly needed cup of coffee and sat down at the table for a while.  When I went back into the puppy room, I found 3 puppies, a bunny and Tiffin all on the bed. I hate it when she picks them up because that makes them scream and then when they scream she panics and drops them and the whole thing gets overwhelming for all of us. Oh did I mention that she is still oozing yucky stuff from the oxytocin shot all over the bed. However, right now she is laying there feeding them and the whole picture is so beautiful that I get emotional just looking at her.

Here are a couple pics I took today.












No comments:

Post a Comment